Thursday, June 26, 2008

Making Plum Jelly

Our plum tree is over flowing with plums this year. I realized Sunday that this week was the week to do some jam if at all. Some how fruit is ripe just when you don't have any time to take care of it. So I tried to multi-task the past few days. I picked plums, worked on my sun tan, weeded a few weeds and also juiced two five gallon buckets of plums. That day produced a sunburn, less weeds, and 5 gallons of plum juice. Now I am sure you're all thinking wow! now the work really begins.

Yesterday the hot work began. Sarah and myself are proud to say we bottled 31 pints of plum jelly. We worked hard and really had a great time together. We had a flow going that only took us 3 hours to complete. The boys have all left for scout camp and we are taking every minute to be together. So I guess you could say we are having fun, even if we have to take care of fruit. We are planning to go an see Mandy in Sacramento, we miss her a lot, so it will be a girls weekend. Who could ask for anything better!

Girls Camp is vastly approaching. Two Weeks to be correct. Yes I am doing the food again! I have a great team of ladies to help! It is over whelming at times, but I feel my most accomplishment is when someone is happy about what they are eating! That is not too good from a person that insistently worrying about what she is eating and how much she weighs. Oh well If I can make someone happy, then I am happier. I will be even more happier when it is over. Wish me luck!

No comments: