Thursday, September 18, 2008

Sending off a Missionary



So it has finally happened...We have sent our first missionary off into that big world. (just to the Provo MTC, and in two months to Puerto Rico) It was a great experience. I was worried that it might be awful, but after arriving and having spent the last three days with Dallin, we were ready to say our goodbyes and get on with the unknown. Dan and I both felt so good as we left Dallin in Provo. Dallin left with just a small tear in his eye and a big smile saying " a peice of cake, Mom... I'll be just fine."




We were able to spend three days with him and listen to all his thoughts. He is ready to serve. We know he'll do a great job. We recieved a short note on Tuesday saying that in 3 days he had already had 3 years of high school spanish. He is able to (in broken spanish) bare his testimony and say a short prayer. He was made a district leader the first night. It was a short note because his P-day is on Wednesdays and will write us more later. Dad called me yesterday and said that when he arrived at the temple, Dallin was there waiting for him to do sealings with 3 other Elders. So that might be neat for him to see Grandpa for the next couple of weeks while in the temple.




We are trying to be missionary minded now more than ever. We had the Elders for dinner on Monday and it seems I am always talking about Dallin and our experience while in Provo. We share it with all our friends. We will write and wait for letters weekly. one week down just 103 more to go.

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

I can't believe Dallin in on his mission already! Where does the time go? You family is so beautiful, I love the family pictures!email me at
edzryd1@yahoo.com and I'll invite you to my blog